How to Overcome Writer’s Block
Writer’s block is a mental block. A barrier to inspiration. A period of time when the creative output falls to low levels. The descriptions for this condition wary, but they all have one thing in common: you do not get predictable results.
What causes writer’s block?
Some of the reasons are:
- Change in environment
- Health issues
How long can write’s block last?
It could be hours, months or years. No matter how long it persists, it is painful.
How can you get over it?
Here are a few ideas to help:
- Create a ritual. In a way, writing is a literary meditation, therefore devote space in your house to your writing, as if it was a sacred practice.
- Listen to music. Whether it is classical or hip hop, you know which types will get the juices flowing.
- Go for a walk. Breath deep and take a walk around the block. Nothing like oxygen to feel alive!
- Eliminate distractions. If you are addicted to social media or worried about missing important phone calls, choose a time when you know you will not miss much as you devote time to writing.
- Have fun. Whether it is basketball or Fortnite, numerous studies have proven that playing improves work performance.
- Journal. Habits that support other habits is a way to keep tabs on what’s working and where you are lagging. The rationale behind is that what gets measured, gets done.
One incident I wish to share is that once when I felt afflicted by this block, I thought that, ”I have so much to say about the topic but the words don’t come out.” That is when I realized that if this challenge is reframed to focus on capturing the flow of thoughts, I might be able to cure myself of this literary ailment. So, I took my cell phone and used a voice Recorder app to record my thoughts, to be transcribed later. This hack did help significantly, and I continue to fall back on it occasionally, as there is no such thing as a talker’s block. Hopefully.
If You Are Looking For Help To Write A Book,
Here Are 3 Great Reasons To Choose Us!
We are Experienced
Ready To Get Started?
Hear From Our Clients Who Needed Help To Write A Book
Write A Book Foundation
If you are an aspiring author and need help to write a book, you are in the right place. From the moment you contact us, you will enjoy the highest level of professionalism, customer care, and dedication to excellence. Don't hesitate to ask us any questions you may have.