How To Choose A Title For Your Book
Some authors find choosing a title an exciting opportunity to exercise their creativity by summarizing their book in 10 words or less. Some dread it.
The dreaders are overwhelmed by the task of squeezing their 150-page book into a few words. Here are some tips that can ease those creativity jitters:
5 Tips On How to Choose a Title for Your Book
1. Hop on to Amazon.com and type keywords that people could use to find books like yours. Take note of main titles and subtitles. Research 15-20 books in your genre to determine common trends, like one word title vs. three words title.
2. Amazon being the largest search engine for books, it makes sense to familiarize yourself with some basics about search engine optimization (SEO). Therefore, choose 2-3 keyphrases that have significant amount of online traffic to be part of your sub-title.
3. Take a break from book writing. Then come back after 2-3 weeks and reread your work. Jot down any potential ideas for main title and subtitle in a notebook. Sleep on it for a few days and see what seems like the best fit logically and creatively.
4. Make it a team effort. Once you have shortlisted your list of potential title ideas to two, enlist the help of your friends and family to see what they think.
5. Pair it with a book cover design. If you can hire a graphic designer, ask them to design the book cover and put your chosen titles on it. You can post the book cover design, preferably two separate ones, to your Facebook account, if you have one and solicit your friends to vote.
In a nutshell, choosing a title should be a fun and invigorating exercise, as it is an indicator that you are making progress with your book.
If You Are Looking For Help To Write A Book,
Here Are 3 Great Reasons To Choose Us!
We are Experienced
Ready To Get Started?
Hear From Our Clients Who Needed Help To Write A Book
Write A Book Foundation
If you are an aspiring author and need help to write a book, you are in the right place. From the moment you contact us, you will enjoy the highest level of professionalism, customer care, and dedication to excellence. Don't hesitate to ask us any questions you may have.