Book Writing as a Personal Development Tool
New year brings inspiration for new personal development goals. If your goal is a group of goals or is complex enough, it would make sense to reflect how they are connected or how to simplify them, so you can improve the chances of success.
Some of the tools that are effective in personal development are visualization, reflecting or meditating, reading books and journal writing. Writing, on its own, is a means to an end as well as to identify the end. In other words, you can use it to define what you need to accomplish or change, then use it to get there.
The first part, defining your end result can be done through simple techniques like bullet journaling, self-coaching methods, etc. Using writing to get there is more effective if you use it consistently and follow a structure, so that there is a clear beginning, middle and an end. What you will end up with will resemble a book, so making a decision to write a book would be a natural choice, and can be a motivating factor.
Managing Your Book Writing for Personal Development
- Identify Your Vision: it is important to have a vision for your future, therefore start with a clear idea of where you want to be in a few months or years, and why. You might think of this as identifying what success looks like for you at work, in your personal life, or perhaps in sports and hobbies.
Here’s a quick visualization exercise: Close your eyes and ask yourself, what success looks like? The first image that pops up in your mind is the one you need to write down. The next step would be to reflect on what you have written and why it matters to you.
2. Plan Your Development: Once you are clear about your destination, you need a map to get there. Same applies to personal development efforts. Understand your strengths and do a SWOT Analysis. Break down or group your goals and then prioritize. Choose an “accountability buddy” to ensure you stick to your plan. Finally, create a timeline with start and end dates.
3. Start the Process: Write down your apprehensions, fears, doubts at this stage so you can review these once you have reached the deadline.
4. Maintain Your Journey: This would be the most challenging stage of your work, as maintaining your effort is harder than starting your work. Again, writing can assist with that. By writing down key developments in your learning and development as and when they occur, you will be able to reflect on your successes later on. This reflection may well help to motivate you to learn more skills in the future.
5. Measure the Results: For effective learning, reflect on your experience, and consider what you have learnt from it. This will ensure that you learn from what you have done. It will also ensure that your activities continue to move you towards your goals, and that your goals or vision remain relevant to you.
It is interesting to note that writing a book can be a personal development goal for many people, which if turned around, can also assist with other goals you may have in life.
If You Are Looking For Help To Write A Book,
Here Are 3 Great Reasons To Choose Us!
We are Experienced
Ready To Get Started?
Hear From Our Clients Who Needed Help To Write A Book
Write A Book Foundation
If you are an aspiring author and need help to write a book, you are in the right place. From the moment you contact us, you will enjoy the highest level of professionalism, customer care, and dedication to excellence. Don't hesitate to ask us any questions you may have.